Steven Ertelt FOR LIFENEWS.COM
The Planned Parenthood abortion business in Ohio whose three clinics were caught illegally dumping aborted babies at landfills has struck back at the very state officials who caught them breaking state law. The abortion company filed a lawsuit against state officials claiming the investigations that resulted in catching the abortion business were politically motivated.
After Planned Parenthood was caught potentially breaking multiple federal laws to sell the body parts of aborted babies, multiple states began investigations of the nation’s largest abortion business. On Friday, Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine announced the results of his investigation and he indicates the abortion giant appears to be breaking state laws regarding the disposal of the bodies of aborted babies.
DeWine announced the findings of his investigation into Planned Parenthood’s abortion practice in Ohio — an investigation which began in July. The probe reveals Planned Parenthood appears to be sending the bodies of aborted babies to landfills.
“All three Ohio Planned Parenthood affiliates have sent fetal remains to companies which disposed of the fetuses in landfill,” the investigative report indicates. “Additionally, the Planned Parenthood facility in Bedford Heights stated it uses only one company for disposal. However, that company stated to investigators it does not accept fetal remains for disposal as a corporate policy.”
“Disposing of aborted fetuses from an abortion by sending them to a landfill is callous and completely inhumane,” said Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine. “It is important the public be aware that these practices are taking place at these Ohio facilities.”
The Attorney General argues that this is in violation of Ohio Revised Code (3701-47-05) which requires that aborted fetal remains be disposed humanely.
“Politicians in Ohio will stop at nothing to ban abortion in all cases in our state,” said Stephanie Knight, President and CEO of Planned Parenthood of Greater Ohio. “Today, we’re asking a federal court to prevent the state from this plainly political attempt to restrict women’s access to safe and legal abortion.”
The Ohio Department of Health and DeWine’s office are working “to restrict Planned Parenthood activities where violations of law have occurred,” Rick Hodges, director of the Ohio Department of Health, previously said in a statement. On Monday, DeWine plans to file court papers seeking an injunction to prevent Planned Parenthood from disposing of fetal remains in landfills, the Associated Press reports.
The federal lawsuit filed by Planned Parenthood claims DeWine’s allegations are false and inflammatory, motivated by politics with the intent to ban abortion in Ohio. The organization uses licensed medical removal companies to dispose of the fetal tissue in accordance with Ohio law, officials state in a release.
“The reality is that we handle medical tissue just like other health care providers do, and we always have,” Knight said. “We’re inspected regularly to ensure that we’re handling fetal tissue properly and legally.”
“Planned Parenthood handles medical tissue just like other health care providers do,” said Jerry Lawson, CEO of Planned Parenthood Southwest Ohio. “We work with licensed medical removal companies to handle fetal tissue respectfully and safely. It’s clear from the Attorney General’s press conference that we’ve acted properly and legally, and this is just part of his longstanding political agenda to ban abortion in all cases. We won’t let that happen.”
The state’s leading pro-life group is very concerned about Planned Parenthood’s potenial law-breaking actions and inhuman treatment of babies killed in abortions.
“We are disturbed and heartsick over the Attorney General’s findings,” said Mike Gonidakis, president of Ohio Right to Life, told LifeNews. “The visual of Planned Parenthood carting volumes of children’s remains to a landfill speaks to their callous disregard for human life. It is a grotesque portrait of their urgent need to dispose of their victims along with the truth.”
Ohio Right to Life joins Attorney General DeWine in calling on the Ohio General Assembly to pass legislation to ensure that the aborted remains of babies are treated humanely, Gonidakis said. He indicated the pro-life organization is currently working with Representative Robert McColley (R-Napoleon), Representative Kyle Koehler (R-Springfield), and Senator Joe Uecker (R-Miami Township) to introduce such legislation. This bill would limit the number of options available to abortionists to humane burial and cremation; increase informed consent by requiring full disclosure to women pursuing abortions of the abortionist’s intent for disposing of the aborted baby; and set a penalty for the violation of the statute as a first degree misdemeanor.
“Ohio Right to Life thanks Attorney General DeWine for his leadership and for dutifully investigating Ohio’s Planned Parenthood outposts,” said Gonidakis. “While we’ve heard it said that Planned Parenthood is a ‘volume’ institution, we know that these pre-born children are not trash made for landfills. They are individuals with their own intrinsic dignity. While abortion is never humane, Ohio Right to Life is intent on ensuring that even in their brutal deaths, these pre-born children retain their dignity.”
Ohio is the second state to indicate Planned Parenthood is unlawfully disposing of the bodies of aborted babies. In South Carolina, the abortion business was caught illegally dumping the bodies of aborted babies in a public landfill.
As LifeNews reported, three South Carolina abortion clinics could face major fines for dumping aborted babies’ bodies into landfills, according to the state Department of Health and Environmental Control. The fines are a result of investigations the state began in August after the Center for Medical Progress released undercover videos showing top Planned Parenthood officials discussing how they harvest aborted babies’ body parts for research.
Updated information on the case confirmed that planned Parenthood is one of the three abortion businesses and that it faces the largest fine.
The abortion clinics, along with two waste disposal companies, could pay fines ranging from $2,200 to $21,150 for violating the state disposal regulations, department Director Catherine Heigel told the panel. But Planned Parenthood could face even more. As local news outlet reports:
The proposed orders give 30 days to pay a fine, but they note the amounts are under discussion. According to the agency, the largest fine would be against Planned Parenthood.
Jenny Black, regional president of Planned Parenthood, said she’s “surprised and dismayed” to learn about the proposed amount through a legislative hearing.
“No monetary amount related to a penalty was mentioned” in the order, Black said, adding the organization will continue to cooperate fully with DHEC. “We hold ourselves to high standards and take swift action to address any shortcomings.”
In September, state investigators discovered that the three South Carolina abortion clinics had violated other laws and regulations, LifeNews.com previously reported.
“South Carolina is a compassionate state, and we are a state of laws,” pro-life Gov. Nikki Haley said at the time. “We will not tolerate law breaking of any kind, particularly as it relates to the callous treatment of human life.”
The three abortion clinics, including Planned Parenthood, faced fines for those violations, too.
These new fines add to the laundry list of problems of Planned Parenthood aborting babies and then exploiting their little bodies even further by illegally dumping them or selling them for parts.
The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all eleven:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video catches a Texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.