Funerals Set For Airborne Soldiers Killed In Afghanistan
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) – Funeral services have been set for three U.S. soldiers from Fort Campbell who were killed in Afghanistan.
The Defense Department said Sergeant Eric M. Houck, Sergeant William M. Bays, and Corporal Dillon C. Baldridge died of gunshot wounds on June 10 in Nangarhar Province, Afghanistan. They were part of the 101st Airborne Division based at Fort Campbell, located on the Kentucky-Tennessee line.
Governor Bill Haslam’s office said funeral services for Houck have been scheduled Tuesday at the Community Chapel on Fort Campbell, followed by graveside service at Kentucky Veterans Cemetery West in Hopkinsville, Kentucky.
Visitations for Bays will be at McReynolds-Nave & Larson Funeral Home in Clarksville, Tennessee on Thursday and at the Community Chapel on the base Friday. Burial information wasn’t available.
Baldridge’s funeral will be in North Carolina.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)